Encona Peri Peri Mayo with Spicy Potato Wedges
Cooking Time: 30 mins Prep time: 25 mins
For the Mayo:
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Encona African Peri Peri Sauce
For the Wedges:
- 1 kg Maris piper potatoes cut into chunky wedges
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- Sprinkling of sea salt
1) For the Mayo:
2) Mix all ingredients together
3) For the Wedges:
4) Pre-heat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6
5) Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes and drain. Place the flour, chilli flakes, coriander, cumin and thyme into a large bowl, season with salt and mix well.
6) Brush the olive oil all over the baking tray and whilst the wedges are still hot toss lightly in the seasoned flour, transfer the wedges to the greased baking tray and cook for about 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp.
7) When the potatoes are ready, sprinkle over the fresh coriander, sea salt and serve.