Encona Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Cooking Time: 45 mins Prep time: 15 mins
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 1kg (2.2lbs) pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp African Peri Peri Sauce
- 1.1 litre (2 pints) vegetable stock
- Creme Fraiche or coconut cream, to serve
1) Melt the butter in a large saucepan and fry the pumpkin and onions for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and African Peri Peri sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
2) Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes, until the pumpkin is tender and breaks down.
3) Allow to cool slightly, then puree with a food processor, liquidizer or hand blender. Do not overfill blender. Return to clean pan, heat through and season to taste.
4) Top with a blob of creme fraiche or coconut cream. Great to serve outdoors at bonfires or on Halloween with crusty bread.