Brazilian BBQ Beef with Sweet Potato Wedges by Karen Burns-Booth
Cooking Time: 50 mins Prep time: 3 hours 0 mins
4 steaks, such as pavé de boeuf, ribeye or rump, each about 150g
3 tbsp of Encona Brazilian BBQ Sauce
vegetable oil, for grilling
Sweet Potato Wedges
450g of sweet potato
1 tbsp of rapeseed oil
freshly ground black pepper
mixed salad leaves
4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
150g of sweetcorn
Encona Brazilian BBQ Sauce
1) Place the steaks in a large shallow dish and add the Encona Brazilian BBQ Sauce, turning the steaks in the sauce to coat. Cover the dish and set aside to marinate for 2–3 hours, or overnight.
2) Cut the sweet potatoes into chunky wedges then add to a large bowl (or resealable plastic bag) with the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper then toss to coat in the seasoned oil. Set aside until ready to cook.
3) Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
4) Spread the sweet potato wedges out in a single layer on a baking tray or roasting tin. Cook for 35–45 minutes until crisp, golden brown and soft in the middle.
5) To cook the steaks, lightly oil a griddle pan and place over a medium-high heat. Alternatively, preheat a barbecue for grilling and lightly oil the grill rack.
6) Remove the steaks from the marinade and season with a little salt. Grill in the pan or on the barbecue for 3–5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the steaks and how well-done you would like them.
7) Toss the salad leaves, tomatoes and onion together in a bowl with the sweetcorn. Tear in a few fresh coriander sprigs and add a good squeeze of lime juice to taste.
8) Serve the steaks with the wedges, salad and some extra Encona Brazilian BBQ Sauce on the side for dipping.