Encona Texan Chilli BBQ Steak Sandwich
Cooking Time: 5 mins Prep time: 20 mins
- 4 x 85g thin sliced steaks (about 1cm thick)
- 3 tbsp Encona Texan Chilli BBQ Sauce
- 2 good sized Ciabatta rolls, sliced in half
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 large gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 2 baby gem lettuce, roughly torn
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 slices of Monterey jack cheese (optional)
1) Note: The steaks taste great when cooked on a barbecue but a hot grill would be just as good.
2) Pre-heat the barbecue or grill.
3) Place the steaks onto a small tray or plate, season with salt and milled pepper then brush both sides with 2 tbsp of the Encona Texan Chilli BBQ Sauce and set aside.
4) To make the relish simply mix the shallots, gherkin and chives in a small bowl and set aside.
5) For the barbecue mayonnaise mix 1 tbsp of Encona Texan Chilli BBQ Sauce with 2 tbsp of mayonnaise, again set aside.
6) To make this awesome sandwich simply cook the steak on the hottest part of the barbecue for 1-2 minutes either side depending on how you like your steak cooked. If you like to add cheese place the cheese on the steak once you have turned so it has time to melt.
7) Whilst the steaks are cooking toast the Ciabatta on the barbecue cut side down, keep your eye on the bread as it can burn very easily.
8) Place the lettuce on the base of the toasted Ciabatta, followed by the sliced tomato and then the steak. Spoon over the relish and finally dollop over the barbecue mayonnaise and indulge yourself!