Jo Romero Brazilian Chicken with Lime and Coriander Rice
Cooking Time: 45 mins Prep time: 15 mins
- 4 free range, bone in, skin-on chicken legs or thighs
- 4 tbsp Encona Brazilian BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 150g Basmati rice
- 1/2 lime Handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
1) Cook the Basmati rice until tender, drain and then rinse under cold running water. Put to one side to dry out slightly
2) Heat the oven to 200'c/Gas mark 6
3) Line a shallow roasting tin with foil and arrange the chicken on top of it, slathering over the marinade
4) Slide the tray into the oven and roast for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked (pierce it with a sharp knife to make sure no pinkness remains and that juices run clear).
5) While the chicken is cooking, get on with the rice. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion, with a pinch of salt, until softened.
6) Stir in the cooked and drained Basmati rice until fully reheated - about 5-7 minutes. Turn off the heat and sprinkle in the coriander and squeeze in the juice from the lime. Season with more salt if needed.
7) Serve the cooked chicken with the rice, some lettuce and slices of avocado alongside.