Encona Creole Pork Chop with Spicy Mash
Cooking Time: 20 mins Prep time: 20 mins
- 4 pork chops (230-290g) on the bone
- 4 tbsp Encona Barbados Creole Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 100g butter
- 100ml double cream
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp of Encona Creole Pepper Sauce
1) Marinate the pork by mixing the Encona Creole Pepper Sauce with the fresh thyme and sage and then brush all over both sides of the pork, leave until needed.
2) Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large pan of salted water until tender. Drain and let stand for 2 minutes.
3) In a small microwavable bowl heat the cream and butter and mash into the potatoes along with 2 tbsp of the Encona Creole Pepper Sauce and chopped parsley, cover until needed.
4) Cook the pork either on the barbecue or under the grill for 12-15 minutes, until the juices run clear, turning half way through cooking. Serve with spicy mash and green beans.