Encona Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Rice & Peas
Cooking Time: 30 mins Prep time: 30 mins
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 bottle of Encona Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 1 tbsp parsley
For the rice:
- 200g long grain rice, soaked in water for 10 minutes and drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400ml coconut milk
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tin of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 lemon grass stalk, root slightly crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
1) Wash and dry the chicken pieces. Make 3-4 slashes across the top of the chicken about 1cm deep. Place the chicken into a bowl and pour over the Encona Jamaican Jerk Sauce, chopped parsley and mix well.
2) Ideally leave the chicken overnight in the fridge covered with cling film or for a minimum of 2 hours.
3) Cook the chicken over a medium heated barbecue for 25-30 minutes, tuning every so often and brushing with any left over marinade.
4) Meanwhile, to make the rice, add the onion, coconut milk, chicken stock, bay leaves and lemon grass to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the rice and simmer for 15 minutes stirring every so often so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
5) After 15 minutes add the kidney beans, parsley and season with salt and pepper. When the rice has softened transfer to a serving bowl and serve with the Jerk chicken.