Clare Morfin's Encona Sweet Chilli Chicken with Noodles
Cooking Time: 20 mins Prep time: 15 mins
- 3 chicken breasts cut into strips approx. 1cm x 4cm
- 2 crushed garlic cloves / or squirt of chilled garlic
- 1cm grated ginger / or squirt of chilled ginger
- 1 pack stir fry vegetables of your choice (bean sprouts / pak choi / carrot slithers / pepper slithers/ mushrooms etc.)
- 3 tbs Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 250g bag fresh rice noodles Bunch of fine asparagus
- 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed and sliced in 1cm strips
- Juice of 1 lime 2 tbsp olive oil / or fry light 1 tbsp Soy sauce Sesame seeds (for sprinkling)
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 100C / gas 1/4
2) In a large frying pan or wok add 1tbsp olive oil and ginger and garlic, add chicken strips and fry for 7-10 minutes until they start to go golden brown.
3) Add sweet chilli sauce and ½ the lime juice, coat chicken in sauce and fry for a further 2 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
4) Put in oven proof dish and pop in the oven to keep warm.
5) In same pan add 1 tbsp olive oil and stir fry vegetables and asparagus for 3 -4 minutes.
6) Add rice noodles and heat through. Add soy sauce and remaining lime juice. Season with salt & black pepper.
7) Pile stir-fry on warmed plate and pop chicken pieces on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and dig in! Enjoy!