Encona 'SpagBOOM' Spaghetti Bolognese
Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 mins Prep time: 20 mins
A bottle of Encona Thai Chilli Garlic Sauce
A bottle of Encona West Indian Extra Hot Pepper Sauce
1 carrot, finely diced
1 celery stick, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
1 sage sprig
1 thyme sprig
1 rosemary sprig
150g Pancetta cubes
1kg 15% fat beef mince
250ml white wine
1L Passata Olive oil
Salt and black pepper to season
Parmesan to serve
1) Marinate the minced beef for half an hour in four tablespoons of Encona Thai Chilli Garlic Sauce.
2) Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the onions, celery and carrot until they soften. Add a tablespoon of the Encona Thai Chilli Garlic Sauce.
3) Season well and add the herbs. Cook for a couple of minutes then add the pancetta and cook gently until golden and crisp.
4) Add the garlic and marinated meat and turn the heat up. Cook until the liquid has evaporated, stirring every so often and the meat is starting to brown.
5) Add the wine and reduce until it’s almost gone then add the milk and cook for a few minutes more. Add the passata. Cook slowly for at least one hour.
6) Toss the Encona West Indian Extra Hot Pepper Sauce through the spaghetti just after cooking and drain.
7) Serve with plenty of grated Parmesan and Encona West Indian Extra Hot Pepper Sauce.