Encona 'Stirrific' Prawn & Veg Stir-Fry
Cooking Time: 10 mins Prep time: 15 mins
A bottle of Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
20 King prawns, shelled and raw.
2tbsp Sesame oil
A thumb of ginger, grated
1 large clove of garlic, crushed
4 spring onions, sliced
1 courgette, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
1 large carrot, as the courgette
2 small pak choi, halved lengthways
200g brown basmati, cooked and rapidly cooled
1tbsp rice wine vinegar
¼ cucumber, seeded and sliced into chunks
2tbsp dark soy sauce
2 red chillies, sliced
1tbsp sesame seeds
2tbsp groundnut oil for frying
1) Marinate the shelled king prawns in the Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce and a dash of sesame oil for 20 minutes.
2) Heat a non-stick sauté pan with groundnut oil and beat the eggs with the vinegar then cook them on a fairly high heat until set, but don’t let it brown. Set aside and leave to cool while you prepare the veg.
3) Heat a wok with groundnut oil and cook the ginger, garlic and spring onion for a minute then add a dash of the Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce.
4) Add the marinated prawns and half the sesame seeds. Quickly stir-fry then add cooked and cooled rice, pak choi and the egg. Stir fry on a high heat for one minute then add the courgette and carrot ribbons.
5) Add a splash of soy sauce and sesame oil to taste, top with spring onions, chilli flakes, and red chilli.
6) Serve with some sliced spring onions, the cucumber, sesame seeds and a splash of soy sauce.