Encona Thai Chilli Garlic Chicken and Noodles
Cooking Time: 30 mins Prep time: 25 mins
- 4 x 200g lean chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp Encona Thai Chilli and Garlic Sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 140g rice noodles or udon noodles
- 1 carrot coarsely shredded
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely shredded
- 100g bean sprouts
- 100g chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- Small handful of torn basil and mint leaves
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¾ tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
1) Note: Please note this recipe contains nuts, if you have a nut allergy please omit the nuts from the recipe.
2) Pre-heat your grill to ¾s heat and line the grill tray with tinfoil.
3) Place the Encona Thai Chilli and Garlic Sauce into a bowl stir in the coriander then add the chicken, mix well and pop onto the grill pan and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning half way through, brushing any left over sauce over the chicken.
4) Soak the noodles in boiling water for 6-7 minutes (uncovered) then drain.
5) Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil until the sugar has dissolved.
6) Now add the warm noodles, carrot, spring onions, red pepper, bean sprouts and herbs tossing well to combine, then divide between serving plates.
7) Slice the chicken and arrange over the noodles finish with a scattering of peanuts and enjoy!