Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Crabcakes
Cooking Time: 4 mins Prep time: 20 mins
- 2 tins of white crab meat, drained
- 1 tin of brown crab meat, drained
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 100g fine breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 5 tbsp Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce (add a little more if you like it hotter)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and milled black pepper
1) In a large bowl lightly break up the crab with a fork. Stir in the corn flour and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and milled black pepper.
2) Add the coriander, spring onions, lime juice, egg white and Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce and combine all the ingredients together, trying not to break the crab up to much.
3) Divide the mixture into eight equal parts and shape into little patties.
4) Dust a tray or plate with a little corn flour and place the crab cakes on.
5) Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
6) Gently heat the groundnut oil over a low to medium heat and cook the crab cakes for 4-5 minutes until golden.
7) Drain on kitchen roll and serve whilst hot with Encona Thai sweet Chilli Sauce, lime wedges and fresh coriander. Note: You will need a heavy based frying pan with approximately 1cm of groundnut oil for cooking the fish cakes.